Tuesday, March 4, 2008

GENERAL INFO - listserv

There are a couple CSQE message groups at yahoo.com

With 320 members in http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/CSQE_CN/ this is the largest.




Click to join CSQE_CN



The way this works is that whenever anyone posts information here, you will receive an email with the message posted. You can post questions or provide information as well.

Previously, I subscribed to the PMP listservs which also provided a fair amount of spam. You need to decide if you want the good postings (lessons learned, tips, etc.) along with the crap.

To subscribe, click on [Join this Group]. You will probably need a yahoo account. A superficial look shows there's a lot of unrelated info (spam) posted.

I subscribed and will provide an update in a week or two as to how this is working out.

I also tried to sign up for the CSQE Taiwan group, but that requires moderator approval. This could be a good thing. I'll let you know if I get in.

3/25/08 Follow-up after 3 weeks *** In the 3 weeks that I've been a member of this group, I've received 19 messages. None provided any value to the CSQE program, but I did receive posts from "Hot Biker Chicks". I can only imagine what those look like. Additionally, my request for membership in the CSQE Taiwan group expired before anyone approved or denied my request. BOTTOM LINE: not much value here, but since there's less than 1 spam email a day from this group, I'll remain active in the event something of value turns up.

4/7/08 Follow-up *** Still absolutely nothing of value and the spam appears to be increasing in frequency.

04/30/08 Follow-up *** Well. I finally found something of value here. Check out the "files" section of the board [link here]. "Solution Text 2000" and "Khan.zip" both have some useful material.

No comments: