Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JOURNAL - Status week #12

Ugh.

An opportunity to pick up an additional class came up last week and I took it. This was an opportunity to get my foot in the door of a new college where I haven't taught before. Unfortunately, this wreaks havoc on my study schedule, because now I have a total of four classes that I'm taking or teaching, in addition to my full time regular job.

I haven't been able to even look at this material for almost 2 weeks

The exam is scheduled to take place in 4 days. I'm still taking Friday off in a last-ditch effort to pull this off. I've already paid for the exam, so I will be taking it.

2 weeks ago I went through all the practice exam questions at the end of each chapter in the QCI Primer. I got 65% correct of 400 questions and averaged about 45 seconds per question. There were 51 that I didn't even answer that I would need to look up.

I did especially poorly on the Metrics section, answering only 30 of 60 questions and getting a total of 37% right. Clearly this is the area to hit hard.

Starting Thursday I'll start cramming, But realistically, it looks like I need to plan a trip to Maryland in September to re-take the last ever offering of this version of the exam.

No comments: