Friday, March 28, 2008

STUDY TIP & MATERIAL - Audio and Podcasts

AUDIO - When I was studying for the PMP exam last year, I would record a bunch of information from notes and books into my computer (using a free program called Audacity), and then burn CD's (using InfraRecorder [free]). I could then listen to and review the material almost anywhere.

As an alternative to burning a CD, I could also import the audio files into iTunes (also free from Apple Computer) then download into my iPod (absolutely not free).

For me, this was a good method of review while driving to/from work each day. I can't say that this was an exciting way to handle the commute, but it made the dead time much more productive. Don't worry about falling asleep, somebody will honk their horn at you when you veer into their lane.

I think that's called a "control".

But think about it: An hour commute each way would translate to two hours of study time each day.

I could play the audio files while doing other work on my computer or playing games like Guild Wars. Repetition, repetition, repetition ...

PODCASTS - Anyways, while searching the iTunes store, I found a bunch of podcasts relating to software quality, including:

Quality 101
Software Quality Engineering -and-
QA Podcast - Conversations about SW Quality Assurance

You don't need an iPod to access these, or audacity or InfraRecorder, but you will need to download and install iTunes, which as indicated above, is free. However, you might need to put in a credit card number just to access the iTunes store, where the podcasts are at. There are no charges to view the store and many podcasts, including the ones above, are free.

Here's where you can download this free software:

Get iTunes here ***** Get audacity here ***** Get InfraRecorder here

1 comment:

Todaydownload.com said...

These facts are really interesting. Few of them were well known for me but many of them were brand new for me too!
I will print this one out and show to my friends because they will be definitely interested in that. Thanks!
InfraRecorder