Thursday, May 1, 2008

JOURNAL: Status Week #7

We're slightly more than half way done with the book and study group. There's just over a month to go before the exam. At the moment, I'm thinking I have a 50/50 shot at this.

Having the weekly class/study group is the major factor in keeping me focused and on-track.

I'm listening to about 8 hours of homemade audio CD's each week and reading for 2-3 hours from the text. And I'm running the Mnemosyne flash card program almost daily. I am current with the reading, having completed all material up through Chapter 6 - Project Management.

A quick note, the chapter on project management had some differences from the Project Management Institute (PMI) viewpoint. I documented some of the gaps [here]. Project management amounts to 15% of the exam. If I can get all these right, and we need a 70% passing score, then I would just need 55% for the rest of the exam. That doesn't sound too bad (?).

Jim said he was going to take a copy of all the PMI earned value formulas to the exam. Methinks this is a fine idea. There's a number of one-sheet summaries available - here's an example [here] .

I will take a vacation day on the day before the exam. On a previous exam I took, that last day of study probably amounted to 5%-10% difference (I'm guessing).

I'm also putting together my final documentation to take into the exam, indexes in one binder, glossaries/definitions in another. I want to be real comfortable looking this stuff up.

mmmmmust ... not ... not ... ... stresssssss ... out ...

No comments: