Friday, May 16, 2008

JOURNAL - Status week #9

Almost done with the study sessions, one more week to go.

Based on the Metrics topic, where I was unable to attend the study session, I'm downgrading my probability of success to about 30%-40%. I've also had to sign up for an unrelated, unexpected class that is sucking up all my available study time. Unlucky.

My basic plan to close this out:

5/17 Saturday: Take the quizzes at the end of each chapter all at once. Don't do any look-ups or reference, just on what I know. Make educated guesses, but no wild guesses at any answers. This gives me a rough idea on what I need to concentrate on.
- take Stat Trek stats tutorial
- read last chapter on configuration management and record pertinent info
- listen to metrics and configuration management recordings
- Bitch at Bruce to get some more Mnemosyne flash card files posted. If I don't pass the exam, it's all his fault. Yeah.
- Continue accumulating and organizing reference material

5/24 Saturday - Apply mild pressure - take the Brainbench Software Quality Assurance test.
- listen to recordings relating to topics where I need the most work
- Buy some pencils, a good eraser, binder dividers, a couple pads of paper and two calculators.

6/1 Saturday - take the practice exam (CD) from the Quality Council of Indiana I will use my reference material here. It will give me an idea on how to better organize for fast access.
- Get all reference material finalized and ready to go this weekend
- Continue focus on weak areas based on practice exam results.
- Review entire study primer front to back twice.

6/5 Wednesday - Practice exam with Study group

6/7 Friday - Take the day off. Study last minute topics. Study 2-3 hours with Bruce and Jim

After the exam, I'll take a week or so off from studying, then start working my contingency plan targeting the next exam in Maryland in September.

No comments: