Tuesday, April 8, 2008

JOURNAL - Status week #3

Three weeks down, eight weeks remaining.

I'm having a whole lot more fun posting on the blog and finding reference materials than reading the CSQE Primer (our textbook for the class).

This is probably not a good thing.

Well, in fact this is not a good thing.

I'll get over it ...

But I am staying relatively up to date on my reading. The reading is rather brutal and far from entertaining.

This last week, I've spent about 6 hours of reading and review. Listening to audio recordings I've recorded and podcasts has made this much easier. I'd like to increase the hours for next week. I'll probably set up a study hour each night with my teenage daughter who is finishing up high school. Obviously we'd be studying different things, but a set nightly schedule would help me out. And I can spend some time with the resident adolescent.

I've also been listening to Paul Palmes QC 101 podcasts while commuting (see previous post). He does the podcast in a conversational style and you can pick out one or two good things from each podcast. Palmes's home page is [here]. This page has no recent updates.

On a final note, I'll be combining a number of posts to (hopefully) make this site more organized and readable.

No comments: